MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services has a variety of transcribed and abstracted court records, family genealogies, and colonial records in our personal library. In addition, we conduct research for clients as needed at the repositories that are most likely to have positive search results for the individuals in question. We are adept at searching original records at courthouses and archives. When necessary, we are able to order microfilm from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
Repositories that we often conduct research in include:
- Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, Virginia
- Loudoun County Courthouse, Leesburg, Virginia
- Maryland Room at the Frederick County Public Library, Frederick, Maryland
- National Archives I, Washington, D.C.
- NSDAR Library, Washington, D.C.
- Maryland State Archives, Annapolis, Maryland (additional research fees may apply)
Additionally, we also try to make periodic trips each year to the following:
- Union County Courthouse, El Dorado, Arkansas
- Union Parish Courthouse, Farmerville, Louisiana
- Southwest Arkansas Archives, Washington, Arkansas
Research conducted at repositories within a 30 mile radius of our home office in Lovettsville, Virginia is included in all of our genealogical services and packages. For research outside of that zone, or not on a scheduled trip to one of the repositories that we service in Arkansas and Louisiana, we do require travel fees.