Many people become interested in genealogy because they have found they’re related to a Revolutionary War patriot, a Civil War soldier, or another individual that helps them qualify for membership to an elite lineage society.
The preparation of lineage society applications can be tedious and often confusing. You can take all the guess work out of which proofs to send in, how to connect generations, and where to obtain the right forms and bond paper by allowing our trained researchers to complete your application for you! MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services are familiar with the process and requirements of the lineage societies we offer preparation services for. Our researchers are both lovers of genealogy and members of these societies; often having taken specialized seminars with the societies or having held offices and committee memberships that deal with assisting new members.
At this time, MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services is only offering preparation for National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) and National Society Colonial Dames of the 17th Century (NSCDXVIIC).
What’s Included with Your Lineage Society Application Prep Package
- Preparation of the application papers using the most up-to-date forms provided by the lineage society
- Printing of the application papers & the collation of proof documents (cost of bond paper is additional to the research fees)
- Labeling proof documents according to lineage society standards
- Research (if required) to establish lineal descent
- Transcription & abstraction of all handwritten documents and tombstone photographs used as proof documents
Fees for Lineage Society Application Prep
Application preparation with no additional research $37.00, 2 hr min.
It’s easy to get confused by the rules and regulations that each different society has for assembling your application package. We’re happy to help you compile your package, label your sources, and print it on the approved paper. You just need to provide us with your research & at least a copy of your lineage worksheets and we’ll do the rest!
Application preparation requiring lineage research $37.00, 10 hr min.
Being a member of a lineage society has different appeal for everyone. Sometimes, genealogical research might not be what draws you to the organization. For people who don’t wish to conduct their own research, our researchers can examine your lineage and not only prepare your package but also find the proofs! A typical lineage research package takes approximately 10 hours to complete. For customized packages where some generations are already completed, contact us for a quote.
Additional expenses for application preparation include:
- Photocopies or certified copies of proof documents (if requested by the client, or required for proof)
- Travel expenses including, but not limited to: general travel rate if research is required outside 30 miles of our home office (billed at $0.50/mile), parking fees, etc.
- Cost of bond paper for printing application papers; cost varies depending on the lineage society (we do not accept client provided paper as we want to ensure that the lineage society requirements are met)
- Daughters of the American Revolution, $0.50/page
- National Society Colonial Dames of the 17th Century, $2.00/application
The client will be required to provide copies of vital records (birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificates) for the first three generations (self & spouse, both parents, and both grandparents). Because of the statute of limitations on many of these records being made available publicly, our researchers may not be able to request these records for you. Many states have restrictions requiring the closest living relative to request copies of certain vital records. We will certainly be able to guide you through this process if necessary, however, paperwork will be unable to submit the paperwork on your behalf.
MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services does not guarantee that application papers prepared by our researchers will be accepted by the lineage society. Many factors determine the validity of an application. Based on new and emerging research, patriots and other ancestors are sometimes “closed” unless compelling research can be provided to show that their service is acceptable or that the lineage previously verified is correct. Because of these factors additional information may be required or an application may be rejected. When retained to complete the lineage research, MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services will conduct a thorough examination of records to ensure that the proof documents provided are as accurate as possible. Unfortunately, due to extenuating factors including, but not limited to, record loss, inaccuracies in recording data, and incomplete records kept not all lineages can be proven.