One of the biggest challenges to doing genealogy in the modern day is that many of us have moved far away from where our ancestors lived. Though the collection of genealogical material available on the internet is growing more and more each day, there are still more records that are available only on paper or microfilm. Courthouses and local libraries are enormous repositories of information on your ancestors just waiting to be explored. Unfortunately, not everyone’s travel budget is as large as the stars from Who Do You Think You Are?
That’s where MyNeChimKi’s Genealogical Services can help you!
We offer a low-cost document retrieval and gravestone photography service for the times when you know exactly what you’re looking for but time and distance prevents you from quickly retrieving the document.
What’s Included with Document Retrieval Services
MyNeChimKi’s Document Retrieval Service includes the retrieval of the document and basic copying fees for documents up to 20 pages. For tombstone photography, we insure that the photos taken are color and contrast corrected. Where there are additional detailed inscriptions, additional photos will be included to exhibit these.
All document retrieval requests and tombstone photographs will be provided as electronic documents (PDFs for documents, JPEG for photos) unless otherwise requested; clients are responsible for postage fees.
Tombstone photography includes a transcription of the inscription and locational information of the tombstone and cemetery.
Fees for Document Retrieval Services
Document retrievals are a flat $10.00 fee per pull. We offer a bulk discount for 3 records at a single repository for $25.00.
Additional expenses may include:
- Copy expenses beyond 20 pages per document
- Certified copies (if requested)
- Travel related expenses including, but not limited to: general travel rate if outside 30 miles of home office (billed at $0.50/mile), parking fees, etc.
Sometimes a full blown custom genealogical project is too much for what you’re currently seeking, but the document retrieval service doesn’t offer you quite enough. That’s why we offer several add-on services to make your document retrieval more robust.
- Transcription and/or abstraction of documents: $10.00/document up to 3 pages, $2.00 for each additional page
- Phone or email consultation regarding the information contained in the documents requested: $37.00/hour, minimum of one half hour.
- Extraction of Family Group Sheet information (for vital records only): $5.00/group sheet