Apologies for missing this post last week, however, this week more than makes up for it! Wow!! There are tons of mid-April events… and good ones too. Sadly, I will not be joining you for these. I’m taking a couple of weekends off genealogy (since I’m really only a Weekend Warrior these days anyway). This weekend I’m spending some much needed time with my husband and my dogs and next weekend I’ll be racing in my very first 5K, The Bluemont Vineyards 3rd Annual 951′ 5K and 1/2 mile time trial. Cheer me on in spirit, but enjoy these great geni events!
This Week’s Classes, Conferences & Seminars
- Saturday, April 10: Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society Spring Meeting, 8:30am – 4:00pm, Bowie, MD ($45 for MAGS Member, $50 for non-members)
- Saturday, April 10: Arlington Roots Users Group Monthly Meeting Program: “A Primer for TMG by Terry Reigel, Chapter 2”, 9:00am, Trinity United Methodist Church, McLean, VA (FREE)
- Saturday, April 10: The Baltimore Afro-American Historical & Genealogical Society/Agnes Cane Callum Chapter Guest Speaker: Dr. Hari Jones, Curator of the African American Civil War Memorial & Museum, 10:30am, Enoch Pratt Free Library – Northwood Branch, Baltimore, MD (FREE)
- Saturday, April 10: Frederick County Genealogical Society of Maryland Monthly Meeting: Laudanum and Our Ancestors, 1:00pm, Homewood at Crumland Farms, Frederick, MD
- Saturday, April 10: Shenandoah Valley Genealogical Society Monthly Meeting featuring “Add PERSI to Your Plan” and “The French & Indian War: Its Effect on Settlement & Migration”, 10:30am, Handley Regional Library Auditorium, Winchester, VA (FREE)
- Saturday, April 10: Fairfax County Adult & Community Education Program Genealogy: Planning a Research Trip, 9:30am
- Wednesday, April 14 & Thursday, April 15: National Archives Research Center 6th Annual Genealogy Fair, 9:30am – 4:30pm, NARA, Washington, DC (FREE)
- Wednesday, April 14: Howard County Genealogical Society Monthly Meeting Creating a Church History, 7:30pm, Ellicott City Senior Center (FREE)
- Thursday, April 15: Charles County Maryland Genealogical Society Monthly Meeting “The Story Behind the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ and the Live of Francis Scott Key”, 7:00pm, White Plains, MD (FREE)
- Thursday, April 15 thru Saturday, April 17: 2010 Virginia Forum, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA ($75, $50 for graduate/undergraduate students)
- Friday, April 16 & Saturday, April 17: Virginia Genealogical Society 50th Anniversary Celebration & Spring Conference, “Burned Virginia Counties: Sifting for Gems in the Ashes”, Richmond, VA ($40 for VGS Members, $50 for non-members)
- Saturday, April 17: Washington DC Family History Center 4th Annual Conference, 9:00am – 3:15pm, Kensington, MD (FREE)
Listing on this site does not guarantee there is space available in classes that require registration. This list is reproduced in part from “Genealogy Events” on the Mount Vernon Genealogical Society webpage.