This Week’s Classes, Conferences & Seminars
- Monday, March 22, 2010: St. Mary’s County Genealogical Society – 12 Sons Named George, Naming Conventions of Our Ancestors, 7:00pm, Leonardtown Library, Leonardtown, MD (FREE)
- Tuesday, March 23, 2010: Hagerstown Community College – Washington D.C. Research Trip, 7:00am – 5:30pm, ($35.00 + $5.00 registration fee)
Join instructor Dorothy Reed on this one-day genealogy research trip to where you will have access to the DAR Library, the Library of Congress and the National Archives. There is an additional admissions fee of $6 to the DAR Library.
- Tuesday, March 23, 2010: Genealogical Research Institute of Virginia – I Have Not Yet Begun to Fight…of John Paul Jones, 1:45pm, Bon Air Presbyterian Church, Richmond, VA (FREE)
- Tuesday, March 23, 2010: Bull Run Regional Library – Free Genealogy Software to Organize Your Research, 7:00pm, Manassas, VA (FREE)
- Wednesday, March 24, 2010: Genealogy Club of the Montgomery County Historical Society – The GRC and Digitization Projects at the DAR Library, 7:30pm, Rockville, MD (FREE)
Guest speaker – Steve Davidson, assistant director of the Library. We will learn what the DAR has done about digitizing special records available at the Library
- Thursday, March 25, 2010: Fairfax Genealogical Society – What They Left Behind, 7:30pm, Kilmer Middle School, Vienna, VA (FREE)
- Friday, March 26, 2010: Fairfax Genealogical Society – Annual Spring Conference, Fairfax Marriott, Fairfax, VA (see registration form for fees)
- Saturday, March 27, 2010: Fairfax Genealogical Society - Annual Spring Conference, Fairfax Marriott, Fairfax, VA (see registration form for fees)
- Saturday, March 27, 2010: Genealogy Club of the Montgomery County Historical Society – Tour of DAR Library and Seimes Microfilm Center
- Saturday, March 27, 2010: Enoch Pratt Free Library – Unexpected Legacy: Genealogical Evidence for African Americans and Women from the Civil War, 10:30am, Central Library, Baltimore, MD (FREE)
Listing on this site does not guarantee there is space available in classes that require registration. This list is reproduced in part from “Genealogy Events” on the Mount Vernon Genealogical Society webpage.
Genealogy Blogging Events
- Canadian Genealogy Carnival, 9th Edition – Canadian Fashion Fads
- Carnival of Genealogical Societies, 2nd Edition – Collaboration. Does your society collaborate with other societies? (genealogical, historical, lineage, etc.) Or groups? (local library, family history center) Why or why not? What works or needs improvement?
- A Festival of Postcards, 8th Edition – Geography Issue
- Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture, 19th Edition – Poetry Party
- 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy, Challenge #12
- Fearless Females – Prompts for Women’s History Month
For more genealogy blogging events, visit Geneabloggers!