Wow!! Talk about a snowpocalypse! The Washington D.C. metro area has just gotten hammered!! And supposedly there’s more on the way this week… Please check with the various societies and organizations that are hosting these programs to see if they are still being held as scheduled. Some may be delayed or cancelled due to bad weather.
Since February is Black History Month, we’re seeing quite a few African American Genealogy seminars and programs. If you can’t get out to any of these programs, check out Michael Hait’s work on the African American Genealogy Examiner.
This Week’s Classes, Conferences & Seminars
- Tuesday, February 9, 2010: National Archives African American Genealogy in Ancestry.com, Washington D.C. (FREE)
- Wednesday, February 10, 2010: Library of Congress Local History & Genealogy Research Room tour/class – Genealogy Research Orientation, Washington D.C. (FREE)
- Wednesday, February 10, 2010: C. Burr Arts Public Library – Black Genealogy Workshop, Frederick, MD (FREE)
- Thursday, February 11, 2010: RELIC Program – An Introduction to Immigration and Naturalization Service Records for Genealogists, Woodbridge, VA (FREE)
- Thursday, February 11, 2010: National Archives at College Park, MD African American Genealogy in Ancestry.com (FREE)
- Saturday, February 13, 2010: Maryland Historical Society African American Family History Seminar – $40 MdHS Members/ $55 Non-members (Program will include a light breakfast, access to the MdHS Library and valuable handouts on sources, materials and processes for collecting and preserving your family’s history.)
- Saturday, February 13, 2010: Roots User Group of Arlington monthly meeting, McLean, VA (FREE)
- Saturday, February 13, 2010: Frederick County Genealogical Society of Maryland monthly meeting – Maryland Marriage Laws and Practices, (FREE)
Listing on this site does not guarantee there is space available in classes that require registration. This list is reproduced in part from “Genealogy Events” on the Mount Vernon Genealogical Society webpage.
Genealogy Blogging Events
- 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy Challenge #6 – Online Databases @ Your Public Library
- Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy, 26th Edition
- Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture, 18th Edition – St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Graveyard Rabbits Carnival – Forgotten Cemeteries
- Carnival of Canadian Genealogy, 8th Edition – Winter Sports in the Great White North
- A Festival of Post Cards, 7th Edition – LIGHT Issue
For more genealogy blogging events, visit Geneabloggers!